Saturday 21 August 2010

Every little helps...

I'm sat at home pondering this weekends possible forthcoming events, and can hear some ragga music and a bit of mc-ing outside. Where from I do not know? Not my bag of course, but they sound like they are having fun nonetheless and that's all that counts! So just a little thank you to Manchester Photography for mentioning us on their blog! This is a well respected local photography database and we feel privileged to have a little mention, so thanks for that : )



Other stuff alongside, I nipped to the Cornerhouse the other day and watched the Gainsbourg film.
Apart from the extremely small cinema space and the fact that the film stopped half way through and we were all sat in complete darkness (I kid you not), the film portrayed the angst, torment and colourful perspective of a self destructive charismatic genius (not my usual type, honestly!) and his continual affairs. I was shocked to discover that the actress Lucy Gordon who plays Jane Birkin in the film had committed suicide in real life. I always find such a tragic waste of life so difficult to understand. Real life mimics art as always (or is it the other way around?)... Next on my list is to see the new Coco and Igor film. Shame I'm not on 2 for 1 Orange Wednesday's, unless anyone's offering any freebies? Cheerio, Anouska

No comments:

Post a Comment