Tuesday 3 August 2010

Christian Jankowski

As mentioned earlier on in this blog (last month), I went to the opening of Christian Jankowski's exhibition at Cube Gallery. Maybe I'm not high-brow enough in the art world but I thought it was a massive disappointment and any point that was trying to be made was lost on me, or just didn't interest me. In a world where there are millions of talented artists struggling for even a metre of wall space to have their work shown, Cube decides to have an exhibition where nothing is shown, thus in the attempt we appreciate 'the perfect gallery'. No thanks, not for me.

I'm interested to know what other's think of the exhibition.

Glinka

1 comment:

  1. I went around the exhibition on Wednesday and I felt it was sterile and sparse. I felt it was like I was on a viewing of an apartment in a warehouse conversion.
    The trouble was also that having been to the gallery several times before for exhibitions it now just came across merely as empty, perhaps abandoned.

    ReplyDelete