Tuesday 10 August 2010

Julia Corsaro

Image copyright Julia Corsaro

The beauty about art is that it can really inspire something in you and every now and then I see some new work that really energises me into getting off my arse and taking some photographs. Doug Dubois, Elizabeth Fleming, Lorca di Corcia, Annelies Strba are just a handful that gave me that much needed kick up the backside. Julia Corsaro is another one who has sparked some energy into me. Her use of muted colours and shaky focus gives some of the work a real sense of fragility, yet there is something else that is really stark and raw about her work. Check out her website here, lots of quality stuff to look at. Anyway, I'm off to the camera shop to buy some film, I won't get any pictures taken by typing words on here.
Glinka

No comments:

Post a Comment